Recommended Housing Options Near the Venue
- Holiday Inn: Central location for walking to downtown and to the CGCR, only two-person rooms and at higher cost than other locations, good for students coming without their own transportation and in smaller groups (or travelling alone).
- Paramount Hotel: Walkable to CGRC but with limited restaurants nearby, lakeside hotel with four-person rooms at a low cost and on-site restaurant, recommended for students who want to save money and walk to the venue or for larger groups with their own transport.
- Quality Inn: Walkable to CGRC but with limited restaurants nearby, has four-person rooms at a low cost, recommended for students who want to save money and walk to the venue or for larger groups with their own transport.
- Hilton UF: Closest to the conference venue and walkable to some restaurants/grocery stores, has more expensive rooms but can accommodate 4 per room, restaurant and bar also on-site.
If you are interested in sharing a room with another YES meeting participant, please indicate as such during registration. Please make plans to book your accommodation ASAP before rooms are sold out, as Gainesville is a relatively small city.
Please contact Local Organizing Committee Chair, Cody Smith with any questions regarding the venue or travel logistics.
In addition to provided meals, there are many dining options in close proximity to the hotel:
- Piesano’s Stone Fired Pizza
- Leonardo’s By The Slice (pizza)
- Bistro 1245 (sandwiches, salads, pastas)
- Bagels and Noodles (bagels, Vietnamese iced coffee, noodles, sandwiches)
- El Indio (Mexican food)
- Mother’s Pub & Grill (pub fare)
- Karma Cream (ice cream, vegan ice cream, vegan sandwiches, coffee)
- Gyro Plus
- Small House Chinese Restaurant
- Faith Vietnamese Cuisine
- Burrito Brothers Taco Co.
- Chipotle (burritos and salads)
- The Swamp (sandwiches, salads)